Sunday, February 8, 2015

Weekend Treasure Hunting


There's nothing like hunting for those rare must have antiques and vintage treasures.  We had a pretty successful weekend.  Our Saturday consisted of a few Antique malls in the Old Orange area. Great area for tasty food and nicely stocked antique stalls.  Although some of the dealers were pricing items a bit too high, it's still wonderful to see such lovely pieces in person. My Saturday scores we're the rubber kitchen canisters and the sweet Flamingo mug. Sunday was our jackpot day! We hit up the Pasadena Rose Bowl Flea Market around 11:30. I would definitely recommend getting there before 10am, parking was a bit crazy. With the parking chaos set aside, our treasure hunting day was amazing. I'm now the happy owner of 4 new Pyrex pieces, a gorgeous Train Case, and a much desired Rafiaware Bar Set. . 


1960's Raffiaware Bar Set
I've been stalking these for a little over a year, I'm so happy I finally found the set at an unbelievable bargain!

 Vintage Rubber Kitchen Canisters
I absolutely love the durability of this set, and they will be so easy to clean!  I'm now in search of the Tea Canister and the Coffee Canister in either Pink or Blue!


Vintage Pyrex
My ultimate score of the day, I finally found my very first Pink Gooseberry Cinderella Nesting Bowl, she's absolutely perfect.  I also found a large Butterprint Fridgie and a beautiful Butterprint Butter Dish. It's so crazy, each piece was at a different booth, with the nicest vendors, who were ready to slash prices! Thanks you Pyrex gods, for placing me in the right booths at the right time.


Flamingo Mug/Vase
I don't know much about this sweet little Flamingo, no branding, just a made in Japan stamp at the bottom. It was a great find in a stall that was offering 50% off!  SCORE!  I'm not sure where she should live, I'm debating between the kitchen window with small flowers, a rinse cup in the bathroom, or like my mom suggested on my vanity with makeup brushes.


Vintage Argyle Train Case
Last but surely not least! Both exterior and interior are in mint condition. This stunning Argyle print suitcase is perfection, reminds of Harley Quinn! She'll definetly be joinging me this Viva Las Vegas.  


Well that's all folks!  I hope you enjoyed..
Please feel free to share your weekend Flea Market Finds in the comments or message at TheTikiWife@gmail.com and I'll add your treasure to the post! 

Have a great week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment